At some point, all of us have come across a small sachet made of a paper-like material containing little beads of blue or orange color accent about which we had no idea- let alone the necessity or functioning. Well, the small beads are what we call Silica gel (beads), which is a desiccant and the sachets are relatively called silica gel packets. Silica gel or silica is actually a porous form of silicon dioxide and is evidently non-crystalline solid or simply gel which adsorbs relative humidity from the environment in which it is placed or installed. It does that by causing the water vapours to adhere on its surface (and not actually absorbing it- contrary to popular belief). Also popular by the names such as desiccant packs or moisture packets, our silica gel packets are efficient and cost-effective solutions to control moisture of the environment; adsorbing about 40% of the moisture, which is more than enough to make a substantial difference in the shelf-life of various products.
Usage of our silica gel bags can literally be found everywhere- from keeping your new bottles and containers dry and odour-free (be it metal or plastic) to keeping electronic products from soaking up environmental moisture which may lead to low performance and rise in heating on usage.
Other popular uses of silica gel bags:
- Preventing leather to absorb excess moisture and emitting foul smell and get degraded over a continual humidity exposure
- Preserving the integrity of vitamins stored in glass/plastic bottles
- Drying flowers for art-related preserving; which means drying without losing the shape and fluffiness.
- Preserve food from getting bacterial culture or mould to develop over it; eventually protecting it from getting degraded. It can also preserve the crunch-texture of snacks.
- Putting few sachets in luggage can prevent the damp clothes from developing the musty odor; which can be really useful at times.
Available Sizes: .5g, 1g, 2g, 5g, 10g
Available Packagings: Individually wrapped sachet
Bulk Packaging: Batches of boxes and cans